June 22, 2008

updating.....

Assalamualaikum you all...

It's like almost a month since the last time I wrote somthing in this blog...huhu...this month of June is a whole busy month for me...especially the first week...

6th 'til 8th:- I had to go to a biotech seminar we called "Wakate kai "(The Young Meetings ??..I guess...I'm not so sure wat it's called in English though..)which held every year made for the biotech students from many universities...this year it was in Nagoya...it was supposed to be made for the masters students,but it was like a tradition for every year's activity where students in my lab including us the 4th year have to attend it..there were talks from a few sensei around here...well, I can say it was a pretty good experience for me....but one thing that I don't feel like wanting to go at the first place was... it wasn't for free,ok!!!...I had to pay 13000yen for it..it's almost RM400 you know!plus 5000yen for transportation...I realy felt broke in the beginning of this month! uhuhu...but overall it was a great one...I played my first softball game here and made some good hits you know!haha...then got to know new people,sensei,learned a lot of cultures here...and guess what..next year's will be held in OSAKA!OMG!that's farther than Nagoya...more money spending there ~

8th-today,while at the highway on my way back home from the Wakate kai,I recieved a mail from my sis telling me that grandma at Malacca had just passed away!!!I felt like my heart stopped beating and the sky was falling over me..I read the mail over and over again..couldn't believe this could happen..I didn't know how to react except just to cry on the spot,in the car in front of my lab colleagues...they were shocked at first seeing me like that...huhu..gomenne..I was totally shocked because I never knew the time would come now..and I haven't got a chance to see her for the last time...she's gone before she could see me graduate and fly back home see my happy face...I felt so sad...so sad until I thought many times of leaving here and get on a flight to go back there right there,right now...hmm...well,this is the price you have to pay when you're studying far abroad and it's difficult to just fly back home in one day just like that...you guys ,don't think that it's not always like a bed of roses when studying overseas...it's not always fun...mama told me the doctor said she died because the air overloaded into her stomach until she had difficulties in breathing...mama and ayah were the one who took her to the hospital...poor mama...mama said she had lost her only parent and a friend to chat...mama really was close with grandma because she's the only daughter in the family...I'm sorry for you mama...I'm sorry I couldn't be by your side to lend you my shoulder to cry...be strong there...

Al-Fatihah to Allahyarham Hjh Sharifah binti Hj Salim...you're the one who named me Syafiah...always inspires me in my studies and lots more... never got bored of advising me n my siblings to do well both in 'dunia dan akhirat'...

here's some pics of grandma right before I flew here

No comments: