November 21, 2008

Try to laugh at this

My handsome 17-year-old son was in the car with me when he exclaimed, "Oh, no! There she is."

"Who?" I asked.

"This girl in my school," he replied. "She always wants to hug and touch me. It's creepy."

"It sure is," his eight-year-old sister piped up from the back seat. "Who would want to touch you?"

..........................................................................................................................................................

If there's a competition for Worst Waiter of the Year, I've got a candidate. He was working at my aunt's favourite restaurant when we took her there for her birthday. This guy messed up every order. She asked for pork. He brought beef. We requested beans. We got corn. And so on. At the end of the meal, he asked, "Would anyone like dessert?"

My aunt said, "What do I have to order to get a piece of cheesecake?"

..........................................................................................................................................................

I tried computer dating. Now I don't get dumped, I get deleted.

.........................................................................................................................................................

Simply making hotel reservations can be complicated when your last name, like mine, is Hilton and your boyfriend's is Marriott. Before going to Hawaii for our wedding, we booked separate rooms.

Delayed flights and lost luggage got us in very late. When we told the clerk our names, his eyes widened. "We gave away your rooms," he apologised. "When no-one showed up, we figured it was a joke." .

Watching me removing dead plants from my herb garden, my six-year-old granddaughter asked if I was pulling a weed. ''No, it was rosemary, '' I replied. She looked at me closely and said, ''You name your plants?''

No comments: